The Deacons play the role of servant leaders at Lakeside Church and will assist the Senior Pastor and staff in the role of shepherding the church members through family care ministry.
The duties of these mature followers of Christ include such things as:
-Connecting families to the overall ministry of the church
-Praying for the families of the church
-Identifying and meeting the needs of members as they arise.
-Helping families during times of distress, sickness, and death.
-Encouraging church members in their spiritual formation
L to R: Charles & Kay Dail, Larry & Angela Mauldin, Ray & Susan Alberti, Skipper & Lynn Hudson, Will & Annie Bollen, Jeremiah & Brittany Ware
The qualifications of a deacon are:
1. Personal Character (1 Timothy 3:8)
– He does not take serious matters lightly, and does not take light matters seriously.
– He says what needs to be said when it needs to be said to whom it needs to be said.
– He is not to be preoccupied with drink, nor allows it to influence his life.
– He understands the difference between making a living and making a life.
2. Spiritual Life (1 Timothy 3:9)
– He is a man of God’s word in both thought and action.
– His faith in God brings peace in tough times and humility in times of success.
3. Christian Service (1 Timothy 3:10)
– He proves who he is over and over again.
– He is willing to get his hands dirty and no job is beneath him.
4. Moral Purity (1 Timothy 3:10,12)
– He is a man of integrity when people are watching and when they are not.
– He is a man who gives his wife, and only his wife, his thoughts, his eyes, his body, and his heart.
5. Home Life (1 Timothy 3:11-12)
– His wife is a part of his ministry, for godliness must begin at home.
– He is a one-woman man.
– He is to be a provider, a protector, and an example for his children.
– His home is to be a place of love, unity, and refreshment.